I love having friends round for dinner and playing host and chef! I feel as though you cannot go wrong with a pasta dish as it’s a crowd-pleaser and it means you can still relax and spend time with your guests, rather than slaving away over a hot stove all evening…
Pasta dishes are so versatile and you can swap and change ingredients to suit the mood of you or whomever you’re cooking for. Thankfully, my girls love the same sort of ingredients as me so, my amalgamation of surf, turf and earth went down a storm!
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 150g Jarred Roasted Red Peppers, drained and sliced
- 0.5 tbsp Tomato Purée
- 0.5 tsp Caster Sugar
- 130g Pasta (I use GF penne!)
- 75g Chorizo Ring, sliced
- 100g Frozen Cooked King Prawns (defrost thoroughly!)
- 2 Garlic Cloves, peeled and minced
- 0.25 tsp Chilli Flakes
- 1 tbsp Sherry
- 100g Fresh Spinach
- 1 Handful of Fresh Parsley, roughly chopped
- Parmesan Cheese, optional to season!
- Slice 0.3 of the peppers into short strips. Set aside. Add remaining peppers to a food processor and blitz with tomato purée, sugar and some seasoning until smooth.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to boil and cook pasta, according to packaging instructions. Drain, reserving a cupful of cooking water.
- Meanwhile, put a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add chorizo and fry until golden.
- Add prawns, garlic and chilli flakes and cook until prawns are pink.
- Add sherry and bubble for 30 secs, then stir in reserved sliced peppers and pepper mixture. Bring to a simmer.
- Add spinach and drained pasta to frying pan and cook until spinach has wilted (add a splash of reserved cooking water if looking a little dry!).
- Top with a grating of Parmesan!
I would love to hear what you think of the recipe or if you give the recipe a go!
“Food is not just eating energy. It’s an experience.” – Guy Fieri